Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Column tags appearing in Layout not in View

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the third project I am facing this, we are preparing the Structure layouts in the same ArchiCAD file. and creating columns layouts we are using columns tags to show sizes. the issue is that in the layout only some floors are showing tags of columns of different floors ! when opening the view, those are not showing . but once placed in a layout those tags appear .

It is not happening for all the floors. I can't see it but a bug, view should match itself if placed in layout !

the solution is I had to create a different layer for those tags in each floor and hide that layer in the view "although its not there already" but that will solve it in layout.

Any one with such experience ?

ArchiCAD 13. 3259 BUILD. and it is a team work project.
7 REPLIES 7
I agree that what appears in a View should appear in the resultant Drawing/Layout.

Question -- are these multiple-story columns, or have they been modeled from floor-to-floor?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen it a couple of times, the label was connected to something, then the elevation was shortened( for instance made smaller or the marked distance was set). The link remained on the elevation and shown on the layout.
Also it might be a good idea to update to Build 13.3835
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Laura: some of them are " no problem with those mostly" it is happening on the other ones.

@Master script : haven't faced this in elevations"yet " it is happening in plans .

and yes it might be good Idea to upgrade to 13.3835 .

BTW this is the second issue I am facing with the view vs. layout . I had this before once with a mysterious door showing in the middle of no where in the layout . but nothing in the view. eventually I was able to track it, it was linked with a curtain wall .that door didn't exist in model or any of the plans " even with turning on all the layers . it only appeared in the layout . had to re-draw that curtain wall . it was reported to GS tech guys. we used to call it in the office the ghost door !
Anonymous
Not applicable
The labels are on a layer of their own, are you sure you have updated the right view / layer combination etc?

Or ... did the home-story of the column change?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope,Sir. nothing was changed, and yes layer combination was updated . " I even tried saving the same view settings "custom"" . didn't help. its for sure a bug . the only workaround is that I had to create "sub"layers for tags based on floors. to control it " although it doesn't make sense to me !"
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK one more try:

-did you move the columns to different stories during the project, or change the home-story during the project?
-do you have set a different Floor Plan Cutplane?

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
OK one more try:

-did you move the columns to different stories during the project, or change the home-story during the project?
-do you have set a different Floor Plan Cutplane?

HTH
-No columns are set from the beginning, can't recall doing that.
- Yes we do that excessively almost for each view. " the point is those tags are not appearing in the view, but once I drag it to a sheet it pops out, and if I right-click > open source view... its not there !