Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile in Floor plan and Section

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set up a wall in complex profile that is 3 1/2" thick w/ 1/2" shear, and 7/8" stucco on the exterior, and w/ 5/8" gyp on the interior w/ insulation in the cavity. My question is, I would like the wall to show up in floor plan as a 3 1/2" thick wall but in sections I would like to see the complete profile, is it possible? I think I already know the answer but have to ask.

Thanks,
Jim
5 REPLIES 5
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
You can see in different ways in section and in plan. You just have to set those differences on the Model View (Document>Set Model View>Model View Options). Then you'll have to specify them on your views View Settings.
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think model views will get you what you are after. There has been a wish out there for composites to just show the structural core. Maybe someday profiled walls will evolve to have some type of structural core. You could play with a combination of different pen assignments and corresponding pen sets that switch the skins to white in certain views. This will get somewhat complex and you won't avoid the problem of snapping to the outer skin versus the core of the wall.
TomWaltz
Participant
Mike is right. This isn't currently possible.

You might be able to set your pens in a way that you get the shear & stucco to print white in plan and a different pen set to print them black in section.
Tom Waltz
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Sorry guys.... I must have understood the question wrong, because I thought he wanted to see in plan as a full wall and in cut as a more detailed composite wall....
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
TomWaltz
Participant
PatriciaLeão wrote:
Sorry guys.... I must have understood the question wrong, because I thought he wanted to see in plan as a full wall and in cut as a more detailed composite wall....
Yep. That's what we answered.
Tom Waltz