BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex curved wall design

Amangava
Participant

Hello, I have a possibly simple problem that I can't resolve on my own. I've just recently began using Archicad so I may not be familiar with all the functions it has. Worth noting that the company I am currently at works with the Archicad 19 version so some options may be limited compared to the newer ones.

I want to design a bit of a complex curved wall, with a couple of details which I have already made in complex profiles but what troubles me is that I can't model the wall as easily as the straight wall. I modeled a wall I have modeled from a YouTube tutorial, that same wall I just wish to transform into a curved one. 

Any ideas on how to do that would be more than welcome, thank you in advance! 

Wall 1.jpgWall2.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Wouldn't You divide the much longer distance in Your curve into smaller peices, so that Your geomety of Your first picture is not so much distorted when bent?

Archicad has no direct command or built-in-help for something like this. 

But its definitly possible to make nearly every form with extra parts - also Your wish - but not bending existing models.

Hmooslechner_0-1682401995800.png

The profile cuts the wall with an SEO-command. The profile is a railing-profile with just a single handrail with this profile.

Hmooslechner_1-1682402133592.png

Just one of the possibilities..

Hmooslechner_2-1682402241821.png

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!