BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profile symbolic cut and textures

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Hello. I just started using complex profiles to model brick walls with some variation in depth or roof crowns and have a few questions I haven't been able to find the answer to.

First, is it possible somehow to make complex profile walls show as symbolic cut, maybe even design what the symbolic cut should look like? I might have a wall with just a small edge of brick sticking out at the bottom, but in plans I just want to show the wall without this instead of having multiple lines per wall. Another issue is that when hotlinking a full model into another model that might not have the same story settings the walls are cut at the wrong height (this problem is the same as for stairs, see https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=61613). Symbolic cut solves this but then some complex profile ones will show messed up, either above or below the cut line.

Another issue is to control the textures of the custom profile, is there an option to align and rotate the texture of the chosen material, as you can do in 3d via Document>Creative Imaging>Align 3d texture?

Attached are some screenshots at what I want to do.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

2 REPLIES 2
Hello,

I've often have the same subject with doors
My answer deals with create two textures with 90° difference
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
PVBergkrantz
Expert
Christophe wrote:
Hello,

I've often have the same subject with doors
My answer deals with create two textures with 90° difference
Thanks, that's what I ended up doing.

Any suggestion for the symbolic cut? Really makes troubles when hotlinking whole files to another level.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Learn and get certified!