Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profile wall disappearing in elevations and perspectives

Keckelhoff
Participant
Hello - I have some walls that keep disappearing in 3D mode and exterior elevations. However, they show up on the floor plan. The walls are complex profiles and are set to SEO with the site mesh. You can see below that the windows and doors in the wall are visible, but the wall is missing. The adjacent black metal wall is the same complex profile. It is not a layer issue. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
-K

ARCHICAD 26

PC
13 REPLIES 13
Keckelhoff
Participant
Also, I am on version 23, not 22.
-K

ARCHICAD 26

PC
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There are a few things you can try to diagnose the source of the problem:
1. Select the problematic Walls on the Floor Plan and display only those in 3D (by pressing F5). Do they appear correctly? If yes, then they may be intersecting with other elements that cause this issue.
2. Again, select the problematic Walls and delete their SEO Connections. Are they then generated properly? If yes, the SEO causes the problem.
3. Check the height parameter of the Walls. It is possible that you may somehow set their height to very small values?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another one to check is that you don’t have two walls occupying the same 3D space (Even if they are in different layers, stories etc) as they will obliterate each other in 3D but still be visible in plan.

Regards
Scott
JelenaKujundzic
Booster

And is there a way to fix that or not ( put fill instead)?

Benjohnson
Participant

Hello, I am actually having the same exact problem.  Determined it is not addressed/fixed by any suggestions presented thus far.  It is temporarily fixed by removing any doors or windows in the wall, but seems to occur even without adjusting or adding windows/doors too.  Running Archicad 26.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Does this happen in this file only? Or does it also happen when you start a brand new file based on the default Archicad template and you create the elements there?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I believe I resolved the problem, however, I am not satisfied.  My complex profile had horizontal lap siding modeled and once I replaced that with a simple rectalinear form it was resolved.  Shame, I would like to show the siding modeled correctly, but can't find a way to get it to not randomly glitch like described in this original post.

Can you show an image of your complex profile?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hey Berry,

See attached.  I did a little more work on this last night and here is what I believe was going on, however, would love to know if you or anyone else agrees or disagrees.

Original Complex profile (with lap siding gaps removed):

Benjohnson_1-1676808775533.pngBenjohnson_2-1676808812897.png

Benjohnson_3-1676809048214.png

I believe the actual culprit is the t&g interior wall finish - I'm assuming archicad doesn't like the gaps/spaces.  Once I remove this part of the model problem seems to resolve with lap siding as is.  I am going to model the t&g with no gaps behind and see what happens