BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite Wall / Beams representation problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a custom wall composite w/ stucco, masonry, insulation & drywall with the following priorities respectively 6, 8, 6 & 4. My Beams are w/ priority set to 5. The problem is in section the beam doesn't shows up. If I higher the beam priority then I correct the sections but the 3Ds & elevations start showing square holes in the stucco in every corner of the building.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
Tks.
F.S.

a.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Set your beam priority to be higher than the core of the wall but lower than the finishes.

A quick test here yielded the desired result in both section and 3D
Anonymous
Not applicable
I set up the core which is the masonry w/ priority 0, and the rest of the components with priority 16. The beam I set it to 1. Works fine in section but still making the holes in the corners. And I pushed to the limit 16 vs. 1

I have no idea how to solve this. In the past I used to copy the section or elevation and past it above the model and correct the drawings in this copy and use it in the layout book, and in this last year I'm trying to solve everything in 3D but I cant find a solution for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might try it through your Layer Combos. You can create a combo for your Plan and your section. Try changing the priority number of the layer and see if that works. That way you can have the walls a priority on the plans and the beams a priority on the sections.
Learn and get certified!