BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite Wall intersection problem

coty
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have a wall with two corners. On one side is simple corner and on the other side is 3 walls intersecting. All walls are the same composite wall, The reference line on the outside face, same junction order, same overall parameters. I am posting pictures with the problems.

1.PNG

When I use the intersection botton this is what happens:

2.PNG

Any Ideas why this could happen? 

12 REPLIES 12

Hello @coty 

It seem to be because of another wall below or above this one. Did you check these walls through a 3D view or a section ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Select the wall & check BM priorities if the composite edge is higher than the block skin make it lower to enable correct intersecting.

AC 27 INT 5003
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi @Christophe Fortineau 
Yes I checked. I actually extended the height of the wall under (that is not the best solution) but it worked

@Mahmoud Qenawi The priority of the block is higher so I dont think this was the problem. But thanks.

Sometimes that happens cuz different heights for walls or different home storeys.

AC 27 INT 5003

@coty 

You seem to be using a composite wall which includes various materials. You need to consider all the materials in this composite wall. On the contrary, I think that the interaction between these two walls is the cause of your technical concerns and that the various materials of your composite walls deserve greater attention. Can you share a small file that only includes your walls ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
coty
Contributor

So now this is what I did:

I extended the wall from under

3.PNG4.PNG

And this is what happened: What I wanted to fix I fixed it but came out with other problem

5.PNG

Do you have to extend it to double height?

In this case I would extend the lower wall only to cover the RC slab and better create another wall belongs to the story above to avoid intersection problems.

AC 27 INT 5003

@Christophe Fortineau @Is there a way to share it to you and not post it online? even if it is only the walls. it is not a project of mine.

Learn and get certified!