Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite Walls Cutting Material Question

JKL
Contributor

When drawing homes with composite walls, sometimes I need the plan to show a gyp wall, but it is showing as a siding due to it still having a portion of siding on the exterior...see images below...first image is how the floor plan looks when it looks correct outside (second image), third image is correct floor plan display with exterior wrong (4th image).

Is there a way to visually cut the material so that it is showing properly on the floor plan and exterior? Currently I'm fixing it in plan view, locking the view to manual update, then moving the walls so that the exterior is correct for elevations....you can see how this would get annoying with any updates/if someone else needs to work on the file.

Thank you for your time!!

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 8.20.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 8.21.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 8.22.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 8.22.30 AM.png

Designer, Archicad 26 on MAC

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
2 REPLIES 2
rvto
Contributor

You could split up the wall if you haven’t, and then set it to cut off from under. Through solid element operations: set the wall as the target and roof as operator. I believe this should fix it

JKL
Contributor

This work visually in 3D, however on the floor plan the siding is still showing, so the work around is still needed to show properly on all elements.

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26