Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Confusing cladding intersections. (with pics!!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, I've got a dilemma with my cladding intersecting. I have conditions where my wall cladding returns and meets up with areas of frameless glass. (SEE PICTURE) I've created a custom profile of JUST CLADDING so I can extend the cladding out past the glass and have it return cleanly. On one side it works perfectly, on the opposite side it just straight up does not work. the cladding extends beyond itself on both sides.

any clues/suggestions/voodoo?

1 REPLY 1
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
My first guess is that the complex profile wall may be interacting with another wall or beam element. I think a floor plan view with Wall & Beam Reference lines turned on and surrounding walls pointed out would shed some light on this. Also a shot of the complex profile in the Profile Editor drafting pane to cross-reference with the floor plan view would help as well.

But for something to try you may just want to select the walls with the intersection problem and for testing purposes place them on a separate layer. Then change the Intersection group number to a number that is unique from the rest of the layers. (the little numeral in the Layer Settings dialog to the left of the layer name).

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center