Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Connecting walls and priorities of materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a problem when connecting walls of two different composite structures. As I'm using a French version of ArchiCAD 22, I might not always use the right term, but I think you will undestand my problem. It is about our two must commun and simplest wall structures. One is (in real word) structural, 24 cm concrete blocks, the other one with similar blocks, but 11,5 cm, for non structural separation walls, both covered with 1,5 cm of plaster on both sides. The 24 cm wall is stopping straight and linked at a right angle to a separation wall. As the structural wall should appear with a different pattern, there have to be different materials. Unfortunaltely, when there are two different materials and when both materials have different priorities (which they should have because of sections), the structural wall is just getting 1,5 cm longer to join with the finition, even wgen the finition is not displayed, So the drawing of the 24 cm wall becomes wrong for 1,5 cm, when joined to the other type of wall. The drawing with the indication of 1,5 cm plaster would be correct, but the plaster shouold not be drawn on the normal plans in 1/50. What can I do apart giving the same priority to both walls? Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Are both of your walls using the same reference line point?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a consequence of how Priority-based Intersections work.
I assume that the Intersection Priority Number of the Wall Core is higher than that of the plaster so the Wall Core comes all the way to the outside face of the connecting Wall.
So there are 2 cases:
1. The Core's Intersection Priority is greater than that of the Plaster, which will give the above result.
2. The Plaster's Intersection Priority is greater than that of the Core, which will give a correct result, both when the Entire Structure and when Core-only is displayed.

In case you don't want the Plaster's Intersection Priority to be greater than that of the Core, you can do something else: create a custom Profile for a Column and place that Column at the corner. The Column will cut itself out of the Wall. See it in more detail here:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=234454#p234434
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27