BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Context Menu Shortcut Keys in 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to get used to 8.1, and there seem to be some great improvements, but there are a couple of issues I need help with. I'm used to removing a marquee by doing a right click, (Windows) and pressing 'Q'. This doesn't work with 8.1, and I can't figure out how to set it up in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box. The same goes for the Multiply command. What am I missing?
I also have noticed a big difference in the appearance of text. I like the visible corners for dragging and stretching, but the font looks weird, (I mostly use ArchiTEXT), i.e. the 'O' is solidly filled in. It seems to be ok when I plot or save to .pdf, but it sure looks odd on the monitor.
Any help on the right click shortcut keys would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lee D.
Naples, FL USA
14 REPLIES 14
Accelerator keys are no longer available in the right-click context menu, I guess because they would potentially conflict with the new one-key shortcuts that are now available in 8.1. When you right click, you'll just have to select the "Remove Marquee" line with the mouse.

For the filled-in "o", try different settings under Preferences, 2D Redraw options to see which works the best. HTH,
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Richard for the response. I guess I can get used to a different routine, even if I am an old dog , but I can't seem to figure out how to program a custom keystroke to remove the marquee. So far, the only way I know how to accomplish this is with a right click, point to the 'Remove Marquee' command, and do a left click. If that's what I gotta, then ok, but I'd like to figure out a faster way. Please let me know if I'm overlooking something,
Thanks again,
Lee D.
Naples, FL USA
I don't think it's possible to program that particular command into a keystroke. I can't believe it would be much faster than two mouse clicks, anyway!
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then, why would they provide a way to select the marquee, or any other tool, with one keystroke. When I sit here all day drawing, I want to reduce the steps for every operation as much as possible. It really is faster to do a right click and almost simultaniously press a key, than to have to move the cursor to a particular location to pick an option. It may not be much faster, but every little bit helps. Maybe Graphisoft will give us the option in the next revision.
Thanks again, Richard,
Lee D.
Naples, FL USA
Djordje
Ace
Lee wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to program a custom keystroke to remove the marquee. So far, the only way I know how to accomplish this is with a right click, point to the 'Remove Marquee' command, and do a left click. If that's what I gotta, then ok, but I'd like to figure out a faster way.
Long before you had Remove marquee, or even the context menu, the only way to remove it was to double click AT THE SAME PLACE outside of it; it still works.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Lee
rocorona
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Long before you had Remove marquee, or even the context menu, the only way to remove it was to double click AT THE SAME PLACE outside of it; it still works.
But this needs the marquee tool to be active in the Toolbox.

Now the tools can be activated with keyboard shortcuts, but I miss the "back to previous tool" function that was provided by the right arrow.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
rocorona wrote:
Djordje wrote:
But this needs the marquee tool to be active in the Toolbox.
True, thanks for the correction!

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm quickly getting used to the double click outside the marquee, (thanks Djordje), and I'm definately enjoying the keyboard shortcuts to activate individual items on the Toolbox, but I've discovered that only numbers, punctuation mark and symbol keys work without a "modificator" key. Assigning a letter key by itself doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing a setting, or is my keyboard not set up right?
Learn and get certified!