BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Contour Lines

GSButler
Participant
Anybody know why kitchen cupboards in plan are Pen 4 by default (too heavy)? I have noticed this with previous versions but sort of hoped it might get fixed up eventually, but AC17 is still the same.
Also, masonry header courses in elevation are on Pen 7 by default (ends up as a black blob at 1:100)
I know these lines can be changed manually and the objects saved as favorites which is pretty tedious - any way of changing globally?
Maitland and Butler Pty Ltd
AC18 - Windows 7 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You could try creating your own pen set.

If you are using Graphisoft objects and a Graphisoft template (i.e. with pen set created by Graphisoft) then they should work together nicely.
I can't say as I don't use default templates or objects.

But if you are using objects by others then you will either need to amend the objects default settings (not always possible - set up favourites instead) or set up your own pen set to work with them.

You can set up multiple pen sets and use a different one for each scale of plan.
The pen set used is saved with the view you create so it will be changed automatically as you change views.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
GSButler
Participant
Thanks for your reply Barry
I am just using the objects straight out of the box with the standard template drawing at the moment.
If I create another penset and change Pen 4 and Pen 7 to a lighter lineweight, then it takes them out of sequence for lineweights in those views. Anything else I have using Pen 4 or Pen 7 has to be changed. I was hoping to change the default pen in the objects rather than the penset itself. It only seems to happen for the kitchen cupboards and the window headers.
Not a big issue, but it just seems odd that all of a sudden the masonry header shows up as a big thick Pen 7!
Maitland and Butler Pty Ltd
AC18 - Windows 7 64-bit
Barry Kelly
Yes changing a pen will alter everything else in the plan that is using the pen as well.
Altering the object will not be wise either as it is probably in a container file (.LCF) which means extracting it first.
Then if you ever update the library you will be back to where you started with the wrong pen colours.

You could save the library part with a new name (i.e. "butler_cabinet") and you can set the default pen colours in that object to be what you want.
You would then need to load the default library as well as this amended object (and any other amended objects as well).
But being "new" objects with different names they will not be replaced if you ever update the default library.

Otherwise setting up some favourites would be the way to go.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!