BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Copy Paste grayed out? How to transfer modeled elements from one project file to another?

proto
Advocate

I want to select a morph in one file and copy it to another file. Two instances of AC26/4034 are open.

The second file was a Saveas of the first, but I deleted a bunch of stuff and have now moved on modifying it. And now, I want to copy some other previously modeled elements over.

I've tried:

1) In 3d view, selecting the morphs individually with the Arrow doesn't show Copy on the edit menu (grayed out).

2) If I put a Marquee around the items in 3d, I do get Copy to show on the edit menu. But cannot see Paste when in the second file. 

3) In elevation view, if I select the morphs, I can Copy & then Paste in the elevation of the other file, but I only get fills & lines (?!?) in elevation.

4) I tried dragging the objects to the window of the other file (both in similar 3d view). Doesn't work.

What do I need to do here?

Copy/Paste seems like it should be a basic intuitive feature of the program, but clearly it isn't quite that straightforward.

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Steve Campbell
Booster

You need to have the morph selected in the plan view of a Story to copy/paste the morph model element between files. It won't work in 3D and copying from a Section/Elevation view will only paste lines and fills.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Steve Campbell
Booster

You need to have the morph selected in the plan view of a Story to copy/paste the morph model element between files. It won't work in 3D and copying from a Section/Elevation view will only paste lines and fills.

proto
Advocate

Steve, thank you for that reply - I got it to work!

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
Learn and get certified!