BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Could someone help me to open a 1999 archicad project?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I tried desperatly to open a very old project of mine (drawn in 1999, I don't even remember in which version) but I didn't succeed. I tried with the oldest archicad I found (10) but it was still to new.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks a lot,

Rowingpitou
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try the file converters: http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html

1999 would date it before ArchiCAD 7/6.5 probably, and I think 10 would be able to open 6.5. Your best bet would be the ArchiCAD 9 or 7 converter, taking that into 10 and onwards.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karl Ottenstein
Rowingpitou - If you are on a Mac, then the AC 10 converter is the oldest you can run on an Intel Mac unless you have an old bootable version of Snow Leopard around. Snow Leopard was the last version of MacOS to be able to run PowerPC programs - which AC 9 and earlier for Mac are.

If you are on Windows - or have a Windows machine available - follow Erwin's advice.

Welcome to the forums - you can see from the response why it is important to say what computer/OS you are using as in my and Erwin's "profile" footer. Click the text link "Profile" near the top of the screen here to the left of "Log Out" to fill in your personal information so people can provide more accurate help in the future.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Karl & Erwin,

Thanks a lot for your help! I am a Mac user 🙂
I found the programs on Graphisoft's page and I took out my old PowerBook 12' and it worked!!

Thanks a lot for the help,

Pierre
Learn and get certified!