Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating Stairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am trying to create stairs in situ and everything is brilliant apart from the fact the Archicad keeps showing one extra step where the landing is supposed to be. If I turn the landing off the number for the last riser disappears as well.

Is there a way to keep only the number but not the landing line?

Image attached to help understand what I am trying to achieve.

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 15.42.00 copy.png
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone to shed some light on this?
rob2218
Enthusiast
Not sure I understand? is the "tread no.12" where the landing is?
if so...then simply use that little icon that shows the stair finishing either "at" the floor level or "below" the floor level?
I hope that's what resolves it.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
Not sure I understand? is the "tread no.12" where the landing is?
if so...then simply use that little icon that shows the stair finishing either "at" the floor level or "below" the floor level?
I hope that's what resolves it.
Hi Rob,

The problem is that if I select the stair to finish before the landing, the last riser will not be numbered and if I select the other icon for the stair to finish at the landing level, archicad automatically draws one extra step where the landing is. Where I am that 2d representation is wrong as the contractor might see one less riser in the first case and one extra step in the second. The right representation would be as per attached, where we have 17 as the last step and 18 as the landing, not a step, only the landing, but is still numbered for there is a riser there.
Jacques Toerien
Participant
I suspect AC is counting treads and not risers, as we tend to do in the UK, hence the reason you're losing the last number when you remove the last 'tread' or landing.

Turn Show Numbering on or off to control the display of numbering on all the treads in the stair. 

Turn Rise and Run Text on or off to control the display of Rise and Run information on the Stair Symbol. If you turn it on, the Stair will display the number of Rises and the number of Treads together with their dimensions.

Note the bit about numbering on all the treads
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jacques wrote:
I suspect AC is counting treads and not risers, as we tend to do in the UK
Hm.. it appears Jonas is also in the UK.
Jonas wrote:
The right representation would be as per attached, where we have 17 as the last step and 18 as the landing, not a step, only the landing, but is still numbered for there is a riser there.
Well, as you figured out by now, the most obvious solution is to make a stair one riser short, add "18" as simple text to the last landing and group text and stairs together. This is by no means a dynamic solution, as "18" won't change or move if the stair is edited.

Other rout might be to edit GDL object of a specific stair to allow it to do what you want (show/hide last step, but not the number, or alternatively, just add the extra number for the last riser). This will work fine with a specific stair object, but will not affect other stair objects you use and will not affect Starimaker.

If you use the same stair object a lot, I can help you with a specific object/stair (even with all the typical ones in the library, as there are only 6 of them), but to make it scalable (i.e. be able to do that on all stairs we can make through Stairmaker) — we would need to modify the Stairmaker add-on, and, honestly, it would be easier to create new stair tool from scratch than to change the old Stairmaker.

PM me if you need help with this.