Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating opening with framing

Vitalijus
Participant

Hi 

I'm using Archicad 22. Currently, trying to make wall opening with adjustable size ( height and width) and automatic framing in it. Framing should be made from steel.

2 colums on opening sides ( which must be taken from standart steel profile base, rectangular hollow ones).

On top should be c/u welded together beams (which must be taken from standart steel profile base).

Is it possible to do it somehow ? 

Adding pic of what I have in mind 

Frame.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

@Vitalijus It can be done with GDL programming, beams & columns, the Curtain Wall tool or possibly even Param-O. I think there is also a framing object in the downloadable add-ons, although I never saw the results I needed. It depends on your expectations. I have developed similar objects for a timber frame company in GDL so I know it can be done. It is also a steep learning curve to cover all the possible variations. If this is a limited oneoff project you could start with columns & beams in groups or possibly using modules (if you can manage the inevitable attribute issues 🙄).

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello Vitalijus,

You just have to put a door without leaf.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin