Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall Door Swing - one shows - one doesn't

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Hi All--

Been searching everywhere and reading all the related posts I can, but still no answers - trying to understand why only one door in my curtain wall is showing as open. When I created the wall both doors were showing the swings, but for some reason one shows as closed now in plan and I can not get it to show open (Opening Lines 2D Override is activated (screenshot attached) - but not affecting the door in plan view). Settings the same for both doors - but only one showing swing now. Cut plans are obviously not the issue. Please see the screenshot attached with red highlight around the two door panels. Any help greatly appreciated. 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

So, there are lots of issues with the Curtain Wall geometry. I would probably just start from scratch and redo the whole thing because some of the rogue Frames can be deleted only for the 2nd or 3rd try. For example, I go to Edit mode in Elevation, select and delete all Panels, then select and delete all Frames, at which point only the boundary should be left. Instead, this is what I have: towards the top right, there is still a Panel, and in the bottom left there are still two Frames I could not delete:

CurtainWall-ModelingIssues-3.png

This is why I suggest redoing it from scratch because there are just all these rogue Frames and Panels in the Curtain Wall's data structure, so it is probably best to throw it away and start anew.

Then, when the Curtain Wall is modeled correctly, hopefully, there will not be a problem with the display of the CW Door swing in 2D. 

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hello René,

I cannot reproduce this scenario. Could you share a mod file of this curtain wall so that I can find a solution ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast

Hi

is 2D Opening Angle set to 90°?

LukasZeleny_0-1640005006508.png

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com

Yes of course. The only setting different than the other CW Door is the Opening Type being set to Tilt-Turn Mirrored (so it opens RH instead of LH). 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Hi Christophe--

Unable to attach mod file here (only jpg, png, etc. allowed). Would you like me to DM it to you?

René

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

I understand but perhaps can you share me a wetransfer link ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

I certainly can, but I think I need an e-mail address to share it to.

R

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

I just wanted to be sure, sometimes is the simplest solution overlooked. More light will bring up your file. You can zip Archicad file and attach it. Zip files are alloved as attachments (max 5MB).

www.sieberttalas.com

Sorry Lukas if I came off sounding annoyed - certainly don't mean that and I am grateful for your help. You are right, often the simplest solution is overlooked. I have been struggling with this for several days now and trying to find the solution on my own. I have scoured the forums here and even posted the problem on a Facebook group - to no avail. Quite frustrating to say the least. I am afraid that the zip file version is coming in at 44.4 MB - i.e. too large to post as an attachment. 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

It didn't sound annyed at all, don't worry. If the file is too large, you can save only problematic element yby selecting it and then go:

LukasZeleny_0-1640022365989.png

Or simple go for example to https://wetransfer.com/

and select:

LukasZeleny_1-1640022440498.png

instead of send email. You can than copy link in to the forum.

www.sieberttalas.com