Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall creating and editing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
It's my first post here , so im gonna say Hi to everyone and im pleased to join this humble group of archicad users and/or fans !
I happen to work with archicad ever since version 6 when i was a kid and built golden houses in my dads office when i waited for him to finish work, through version 11 when i started my architecture studies!

As you see my history is pretty long and i know quite a lot about the software, i do encounter some problems every now and then ,especially with new functions ,or those that i never used before.
I've been looking around the internet on ways of effectively using the curtain wall tool. Lately i had a school project and i thought of making a structure wall similar to the one that's on the Archicad 12 picture, the ING building in Budapest. I cant figure out how to make 2 things - triangular modules for the wall and the fact that its vertical, while the whole wall is under a slight degree ( i dont know if it was just 1 segment copied multiple times via the duplicate function, or is it 1 curtain wall with some sort of function used..) The second thing i cant figure out is the construction pipe "pillars" behind the glass. Are they a second , different curtain wall? If so, how to make them round and cross under a degree?

I doubt this is anywhere understandable, just ask the questions and ill try to be more precise, maybe attaching some pics along.

Thanks, and welcome everyone!
Tomek
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome Tomek

Having looked at the image your talking about the glazing looks to be seemless, which can be achieved with the curtain wall tool or the standard ribbon window object, just minimise the frame settings 10mm should do it.

Your second question is much easier to answer, in the objects library under 1.4 there is a section called "Steel Structures" and with in there is a sub-section called "space frames" you can try there, alternatively use columns/beams which can be slanted to create the effect.

Hope this helps, happy designing
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also thought it would be enough to make the steel elements with objects/any other basic function, but do notice that htere are 2 things. First of all they curve at the top (might be a whole different object) but the tougher part is that they also curve at the corners which is near or completely impossible to make manually. I think it SHOULD be made, or at least hte majority of it with curtain walls since the picture was supposed to promote the whole new function of curtain walls in archicad 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also thought it would be enough to make the steel elements with objects/any other basic function, but do notice that htere are 2 things. First of all they curve at the top (might be a whole different object) but the tougher part is that they also curve at the corners which is near or completely impossible to make manually. I think it SHOULD be made, or at least hte majority of it with curtain walls since the picture was supposed to promote the whole new function of curtain walls in archicad 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I attach a file where i show how far i got on my own. I made the construction with columns and toruses from basic geometry objects. As for the glass curtain, i created my own panel item, but i stumbled upon a problem i cant overcome: When i make it a triangle for main panels and another triangle upside down for special panels, the program treats them as a triangle inside a box, which makes them very spaced out. I got over it by making the normal and special panel both halves of a triangle ( half of the top triangle and half of the bottom as one panel, with a little hole between them) and the second one upside down. Thanks to this, when i set the column size in Curtain settings, they become whole triangles, but there still is a stitch visible. I cant figure out how to either make the program treat the triangles as triangles, or to get rid of the stitch line.
pgnig1.jpg