BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall door opening symbol on 2D?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I am having issue with the opening on 2D of my curtain wall, when I switch Floor Plan Display from symbolic to projected. Please see attached.

On the left, the Floor Plan Display of the curtain wall is still symbolic and the swing opening is shown. But on the right the swing opening of the door is not shown when I switch Floor Plan Display from Symbolic to Projected.

Do you have ideas how to show the swing opening in Projected?

Thanks a lot
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru
You can still show the door by setting the 3D opening angle of the door but this is limited to just showing the door panel at the chosen angle. The swing line and such would then have to be manually drawn as Barry has mentioned.

Ling.

Edit: I guess consistency between objects is still too much to ask for...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
You can still show the door by setting the 3D opening angle of the door but this is limited to just showing the door panel at the chosen angle. The swing line and such would then have to be manually drawn as Barry has mentioned.
Not true it seems with curtain walls (which is why I deleted my post).
I assumed it was the same as standard doors - I don't use curtain walls much.

I just placed a curtain wall, changed a panel to a door and made the wall 'Projected with Overhead'.
The door swing still shows,

Maybe there is another setting somewhere, or it could be the door panel is not open in 3D, or it could be the type of door panel used.
I just used 'CW Door 22'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Looks like version 22 is different to version 18 & 19.
Projected with Overhead loses the door swings in 18.

Here is the original post I deleted to help explain.
I vaguely remember it did change in later versions.

The 'Projected' view is an actual view of the 3D elements.
As there is no door swing in 3D, you will not see it in the projected view either.

If you have an option to open the door in 3D then you will see the door panel in an open position, but still no door swing.

The swing is scripted into the 2D script and it is that scripted view that you see with 'Symbolic' as well as the scripted view of the door panel and frames.

There is no way to combine the 2 that I know of.
All you can do is manually draw the swing in - or use the Symbolic view of course.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If I keep the curtain wall as Symbolic, is there anyway to show the bottom frame outline, like it is shown on Projected?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Now I am able to show door open in 2D but the swing is not shown. So there isn't any way to show the swing in 2D (Projected) ?

I am using AC 20, if that helps.

Thanks all
Barry Kelly
I just had a look at 20 and it seems to me you have Projected where you see the frame and door panel - but no swings.
Or Symbolic where you have the door swing and the scripted view of the door panel and frames - but this does not include the horizontal base frames - only the vertical ones.

But as I said I do not use curtain walls very often, so I may be missing something.

It seems that it all changes in version 22 where you have much more control.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!