BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall - custom frame material

Hello there

I am drawing a CW with custom frames and custom caps and custom panels.
It is supposed to look like the following images (a mockup modeled with profiles and morphs).
The material of the capping is different from the material of the boundary frames.

But now I want to use the CW tool, because the dimensions of the facade are quite big and I am not sure how the morph will impact the whole model

I have managed to model the CW system close to the mockup, but I don't understand how to customize the materials. The model tab has an option to "Use Panel Building Material's Surface", but it's not working like in other tools. It stays greyed out when checked or not checked.
Where can I find these materials and change them?

(AC18 on PC)
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
7 REPLIES 7
section where the different materials are visible
CW_morph_section.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
modeled with CW
The window panel has glass frames! How come?
arch. ernest atanasiu
section through CW
arch. ernest atanasiu
CW material settings
arch. ernest atanasiu
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
uisanata:

These are like Objects, look at Curtain Wall Panel Settings > Curtain Wall Window Settings > Frame Settings > Pen button > Surfaces, or under Curtain Wall Panel Settings > Panel Type and Geometry > Surfaces.

You should update your signature for the AC version you are using.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
I tried, but no succes. I don't get the logic.
I understand how the surfaces are working, but the little button "Use Panel Building Material's Surface" is getting its settings from where?
arch. ernest atanasiu
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
uisanata wrote:
but the little button "Use Panel Building Material's Surface" is getting its settings from where?
Select the entire Curtain Wall, open its settings, select the various parts in the left column (Mullion, Main, etc.) and you will be able to edit these Surface settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!