BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain wall not placed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, I'm new to ArchiCAD, I watched the tutorials and everything and it seems I have a non-typical problem. I want to place a curtain wall into my project, so I click the curtain wall icon, start drawing, sun appears, I click on the exterior side, Place curtain wall dialog appears, I set my values, click Place and.. nothing happens. There is no curtain wall existing (it is not only invisible, it really doesn't exist at all). I tried to change settings, values, restart ArchiCAD, restart PC but no change at all. Any ideas what can be wrong? Thanks a lot. Yeah, I forgot, I have ArchiCAD15 and Windows 7
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
is it visible in the 3D window? the curtain wall you created may be on a different story, check the bottom elevation of the Curtain wall.

Also check which renovation status it is set to and compare with the active renovation status.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the problem is that it's not there at all. If I select the area where it should be, there is nothing there (in any view). I don't really get how this is possible..
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
MaryJane:

To go further with Erika's suggestion, have you tried "Show All in 3D" to see if it exists in the model, but is not showing in your floor plan view?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, thanks for trying to help. My room-mate came to a solution - I had to create the CW in other file and copy it to the one I'm working in, it's simply not placing it there - God knows why;) She told me she already had a few similar problems with AC.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MaryJane wrote:
Hey, thanks for trying to help. My room-mate came to a solution - I had to create the CW in other file and copy it to the one I'm working in, it's simply not placing it there - God knows why;) She told me she already had a few similar problems with AC.

Hi Mary Jane,

Did you try with David & Erika 's suggestion ? I think you should check its appearance on 3D first if Error Message didn't jump up, probably with following steps in 3D window:

1- press CTRL +F5 to show all in 3D, turn on all layers in Layer Setting
2- check with all Renovation status as your Curtain Wall can be turned off if its Renovation Status is hidden in current Renovation Status (go to Document/Set Renovation Filter/01,02,03,04,05,...
3- press CTRL + ATL + A (View/ Element in 3D View/ Filter Elements in 3D) & check necessary boxes to make sure you already show the CW in 3D.
4-Go to View/ Element in 3D View and uncheck 3D Cutaway (CTRL +Y). Some times your CW in cut area and this function will hide your CW !
5-and anything else ? There's probably more display functions somewhere need to be checked... 😉

During each step you can check CW's appearance by activate CW tool on Tool BOx & press CTRL +A (will select all of your CW in current view)

If Error Message didn't jump up I don't think this issue caused by ArchiCAD Configuration.

Anyway, this kind of issue need your patience to figure out what's the problem !
Learn and get certified!