Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curve corner in Curtain Wall? How?

William Yan
Expert

Hey guys, I am modeling a new project. There is a curtain wall which corner is arc. as shown in the pic below. But how can I make this curtain wall corner to be an arc, not like straight line. Thank you !

Snipaste_2022-04-01_17-03-19.png

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

You can't make a curved frame unfortunately (unless something has changed that I don't know about).

All you can do is add many nodes for small straight segments that will appear like a curve.

If you look at the 3D of any curved element in Archicad, you will see it is actually made up of many straight segments.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mjules
Mentor

@William Yan If you want a better shape of the curtain wall's corner, make a copy of it and convert the copy into a morph and hide the original. Use the appropriate palette of the morph tool to shape the corner as you want. You should need a section first to draw the guideline of this corner using the morph tool pen. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
William Yan
Expert

SAD😓

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
DGSketcher
Legend

@William Yan Form your curtain wall with a square corner. Model the curved frame part as a separate element with the same profile as the boundary frame using a beam. Convert the beam to a Morph. Rotate in 3D and place where required. Use Solid Element Operations to subtract the beam with upward extrusion.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Or use the Shell 25 object to create the curved boundary frame (then use SEO to subtract with upwards extrusion).

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14