Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curved Stair Tread Width Properties

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have created a curved stair (see attached). However, I want the minimum tread width allowed to be 8" per code. But for some reason, my stair isn't created with an 8" minimum. It is being created with a minimum tread width of 7 3/4". In my stairs settings, I set the minimum width to 8" (see below), but it still is not working. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Hello Nathan D.,

I think Archicad sets the steps of your staircase along the line of stride (which is distant from the edge of your staircase)
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Hello Nathan D.,

I think Archicad sets the steps of your staircase along the line of stride (which is distant from the edge of your staircase)
Interesting. Do you perhaps know of a way to change this?
Hello,

Maybe you can change the depth of the steps manually until you get a satisfactory result ?
I think what you want to change is a consequence of the parameters of a compliant staircase.
I don't have to change it cause I need a staircase complies with the standards in force in your country.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin