Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Door Leaf- add to new file?

svdg
Contributor

Hello,

I am a new user to Archicad- so still very much learning.  I created a custom door leaf in a project and I want to use the same door leaf in another project.  How do I do this?  I tried adding the .gsm file to the embedded library of the second project, but I cannot do anything with it like select it as a door leaf, or even place it in the model as an object.  

Thanks,

Stacey

Archicad 25, Macbook Pro 2015
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru

Odd...

So, you created it in Project A, exported it out, then inserted it into the embedded library of Project B? That is usually all that you need to do. Have you restarted the project since? Maybe the Door Panels Collection has not updated...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Try this, just copy the wall on clipboard with Ctrl +C ( for windows only) from the project in which your targeted door is inserted and paste this wall in other project. All the parameters of the source door now available in your new project. But this would be a quick solution. Not good method in case looking for longer period data management. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Try opening the library part File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object

Select the door leaf in the embedded library to open it. Now simply hit save.

What this should do is force a rebuild / refresh of the part of the library that shows which custom door leafs are available.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
svdg
Contributor

Hi and thanks for the replies.  I have tried reloading the library as well as copy and pasting the doors.  I eventually got them to show up, but I have the continued issue of the doors going missing (in both the original file and the copy).  The door leaf show up in the embedded library, but it disappears from the selection for the custom door leaf in the door tool.  I have had a couple of other issues with some objects not showing up in the library, but usually a refresh brings them back.  Any other thoughts on how to keep my custom door leafs loaded?

Lingwisyer
Guru

How are you creating all of your custom door leafs? Might there be an ID conflict? 

See this thread.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Thanks for the link to the other thread.  I am still having this problem and will have to try and dedicate some time later to get it fixed.  I created the door using the slab tool directly in the model.  Currently it is just a placeholder because I couldn't find an style that I liked for this project in the existing library.