BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Panel Curtain Wall Shadows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! I am an architecture student currently working on my thesis project. I am using Archicad 23.

I designed a custom fish scale pattern perforated curtain wall for my building. The issue is that this curtain wall does not show the perforation shadows in the 3D view or during renderings. After long hours of trial and error, I thought maybe the pattern is acting as a solid panel but to my surprise, I was able to see shadows in the elevation view!

I do no understand why this is happening and I am running out of time.

Please advise on how I can get the shadow as it is a key part of my space. I have attached the comparative views of the elevation and the 3D view.

Thanking you in advance,

Aditya
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check the sun orientation for your 3d view. I can see that there is something on top of the panels that are shadowing the entire panels.
On the other image, which is an elevation, probably you have a custom shadow activated. This will override your 3d view sun orientation. Check on the Elevation Settings for Shadows.
Hope that helps.
runxel
Legend
Have you enabled the shadows in the facade panel settings?
I can't replicate the issue here.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Aditya,

Thank you for the question and I am sorry about the issue!

If the above suggestions do not help, to investigate further, I am wondering if you could share with us the piece of file containing the curtain wall that you are working on?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!