BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Wall detail and window trim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a house that has window trim that is fairly elaborate (please see image: WINDOW DETAIL 01). The house also has elaborate exterior wall trim. Some of the walls have two different exterior siding conditions (please see image: WALL DETAIL 02).
I was going to model all of these trim details using the wall and slab or roof tools. I was going to try modeling the double siding condition by adding a couple of thin walls to the exterior of the wall.

All of this is a lot of work and a lot of work to change anything. I thought that I'd ask he on the forum to find out if there is a easier, more clever way to model these walls and the trim. Can anybody tell me a good way to model these walls and trim so that they are easier to create and change?

I did see the Cadimage Accessory Pack http://store.cadimage.co.nz/home.php?page=products&productID=168
that looks like it might be of use for these walls and trim. The review on this forum makes it sound like just the right thing but I wanted to check here before purchasing the software.

Any recommendations and advice will be great.

Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also need to add the corbels above the windows on the first drawing. What tool would be the best way to add the cobels?
WALL DETAIL 02.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also curious about the Cadimage Accessory Pack.
We use WallSurfacer from ObjectsOnline to assign different materials to a wall. It is an easy and cheap solution ($40) for picture 2 detail B.
Because it can cut in walls under an angle we also use it to model gutters. Just draw some wide short walls and cut out the profile, very easy and flexible.
There are some limitations however: doesn't work with curved walls and only horizontal bands of materials.
Anyone with experience with Revealmaker or other tools?
Learn and get certified!