BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom curtain wall panel scaling

martinij
Booster
Hello!
I'm working with making a custom curtain wall panel in ArchiCAD 24. The process of making the panel is no problem. As shown in the attachment I have a 1000x1000 panel with a x on it.

When I make a curtain wall with 1000x1000 grid and the custom panel everything looks fine as long as there is a full panel in the pattern. At the ends I only have 500 in this example. What happens then is that ArchiCAD scales the custom panel to fit in the 1000x500 square.

The question:
Is there any way I can make ArchiCAD not scale but cut the panel to fit the grid? The result should then display a half x instead of a scaled x.

Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it is possible, but you would have to open and edit the 3D script of the custom Curtain Wall panel to achieve it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
martinij
Booster
That does not sound to scary. I've been looking around in GDL object before but have not that much experience that I can figure it out on my own. Any clues or ideas on how/where in the object I can find the solution?

EDIT:
I've posted in the GDL/Library part development part of the forum and asked for assistance there as well.
Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
Learn and get certified!