Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom curtain wall panels deform

terzer
Contributor
Hello,
I'm trying to make custom curtain wall panels, but I have some problems. When I load them, they deform at the end of the curtain wall and some are overlapping the border. See the screenshot below. Is there a way to make them with fixed size?

1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Based on the picture it looks like that you have saved the diamond-shaped frames and the checkerboard patterned panels as a single custom panel. Since these panels are not properly GDL scripted (just static geometry), ARCHICAD can't trim it's edges (it has no instructions what would be the proper way to do so), it will just place it between whichever frames you place it between. This means, it will shrink them into the smaller areas (that's what happens where they are distorted), and they just extend over diagonal boundary frames (since ARCHICAD doesn't know to trim them, it can't override "user intentions").

I would suggest you to place the CW with a checkerboard pattern, and draw diagonal frames manually instead (so you can reach the same pattern with stock panels and frames).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit