BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom fills no longer working in AC9

kevin b
Contributor
We have made some custom fills, which have been in use probably since AC7, which no longer seem to work. Although other custom fills we have made do work. By not working I mean that they do not show up in the plans as they should, they show up completely empty. In the Fill Types dialog, everything appears OK, the fill appears as it should in the preview window. I have discovered that if I rotate the fills (ie. change the angle in the Fill Types Dialog) they work but its hit or miss, some I need only change 1 degree other only show up if I rotate them 45 degrees, which is no good for some of these to be used as intended. If I open the project in AC8.x they appear OK. It only seems to happen to a few of Fills which I could remake but am looking for the root of the problem here. The Fills in question are a couple of different sizes of checkerboard patterns (only the orthogonal ones, the 45s are fine) and a wide, 45 degree band. At least these are the only ones I've run across so far. As for display options, I have checked to make sure I am set with Vectorial. They do in fact show up "properly" in bitmap but the bitmap pattern is obviously useless. Anyone else run into this, no a fix other than remaking the fills, etc?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
14 REPLIES 14
kevin b
Contributor
As an aside, how long do I remain a "New Member"?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

kevin b
Contributor
And is this how you guys get your post count so high?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
kevin wrote:
kevin wrote:
Takes 50 posts to move up to Junior and, I think about 150 to move to the next level; and

Yes... that's how some post counts get
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
kevin wrote:
kevin wrote:
Takes 50 posts to move up to Junior and, I think about 150 to move to the next level; and

Yes... that's how some post counts get
so high !!!
Eduardo Rolon
Check if this helps
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4134&highlight=
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

kevin b
Contributor
That is a similar problem in that the fills that do not work, do show the background color as a solid fill.

I did however check my WE settings and I DO NOT have "Use Open GL" checked on. Just to make sure that wasn't the problem, I tried checking it on and tried all of the settings, checkboxes, etc and none of them had any effect.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Dwight
Newcomer
You'll note the higher post counts among people who actually answer questions on the forum.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
You'll note the higher post counts among people who actually answer questions on the forum.
Especially if you're Canadian, huh?
Dwight
Newcomer
Way up here in the North country, snowed in until after spring breakup as we are, chewing bannock and packing muktuk, there's not much else to do but answer ArchiCAD TALK problems once the squirrels are geeked, the wood is chopped and the water drawn.

At least our country isn't named after a bird.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!