Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom position of Fill area text in different scales

nejcek74
Contributor
I am using Fills with area text + added room name as a usual way to label rooms etc. In our office we put label into lower left corner (+ 10 cm in x,y) in the relative direction of building.

My main problem is, when I change the scale of the drawing I have to redo all the manual positions for new scale. Sometimes we use same drawing in 3 different scales, i.e. 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 that means 3x doing the same operation.
I understand the need for different positions for different scales in some scenarios but in my case this is big loss of time. Is it possible somewhere to turn this off? Or is there some other way of doing this?

Using Zone stamp is not an option as there are similar problems - repositions with the change of scale. Or I am also missing something there?
Archicad 22 on OS X 10.11.6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
you should be using the zone tool for this.

The zone stamps in the AC18 library have options for differing information at different scales, plus you can reposition the stamp for each scale.

Regards,
Scott
nejcek74
Contributor
thx, but I DO NOT want to reposition them for different scale and I DO want that they stay the same size, shape and in same position in every scale.

I am using are text because I need just a simple graphic in one line.
Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 17.24.34.jpg
Bill
Contributor
Is the anchor point of the text set to the bottom left? If so, as you change drawing scales it'll stay in the same place IF you the text contour offset is set to zero. Unfortunately, if there is any offset applied, it doesn't "stick" when changing scales.
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
nejcek74
Contributor
I don't think that you can set anchor point for Area text. Or least I don't see that option.
Barry Kelly
nejcek74 wrote:
I don't think that you can set anchor point for Area text. Or least I don't see that option.
No there is no anchor point for the area text.

A zone stamp will scale and retain its position but only if it has been scripted to do so.
I think most zone stamps will be scripted to anchor at the centre or centre top.

The only other alternative I see is to have an area fill for each scale in separate layers that you can turn on and off as required.
Then set the text position as you want it in each scale and it will stay as it is supposed to be when ever you turn that layer on for that particular scale.
At least that way you don not have to keep moving the one piece of text every time you change scale.
You will have one for each scale that you set once and forget.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11