Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Customisation of Line & Fill

ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hi

Does anybody know why I am getting this type of fill in composite wall in plan?

Attaching screenshot for the same.

I have created custom Line type for showing Stone wall and custom fill for stone only.
Now I want to use this in my Composite wall, I have clicked Apply Structures settings in Wall dialog box except Cutline option and I selected my custom line type there.

1) As in screenshot, I don't want to show custom line type on internal side.
2) Fill for Stone is going outside of the boundry of the Composite wall.

Any Solution to this?

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ratna:

I was able to make this wall with the Profile Manager, by selecting the stone fill, selecting its outside edge and changing its line type with the Custom Edge Settings (from the Pet Palette). The fill does not follow the irregular line (it is still a straight edge), but depending on your line weights and scale it may work well enough.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
ratnabhirud
Contributor
Thanks David for your reply.

But my problem is, I want to show that custom line in Plan only.Texture will be Stone .

As per your suggestion The whole wall will look as per your linked image.

Is there any other way?

Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ratna:

The only other method I can think of is to create the Complex Wall shown in my previous post, but change the exterior line to a Straight Line type with a white color pen. Then draw a Line in plan view using the black pen with a jagged line type. But this involves two elements that must be kept coordinated for editing, and the Line will not break automatically at openings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14