Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Delete a Wall/Slab/Roof Accessory favourite???

jakubc7
Advocate
Seems that there is no option to delete of update the current favourite. Favourites pallet doesn't list the accessory favourites and accessory favourites dialog box only has a save button.

Does anyone have a solution?
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
You can't delete favourites through the "Favourites" button in the object settings dialogue.
But you can delete them from the "Favourites" palette.
Select the favourite in the list and then click on the little black triangle and choose "Delete"
Barry.
delete favourite.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Sorry just realised you said the favourites palette doesn't show the favourites when saved through the accessories add-ons (Design > design extras > accessories ...)

You are correct and I hadn't noticed this before (never saved an accessory add-on favourite).
Sorry I have no solution for you then.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
jakubc7
Advocate
I'm sorry to be reviving this thread but we are in 2014 ... v18 and this basic problem is still unresolved.

Graphisoft must add a delete function for the Accessories favourites. On top of it all, you cannot override the existing favourite.

We have old favourites in the office that are from maybe a decade ago and need to be cleaned up.

Has anyone fount a solution to this?
jakubc7
Advocate
I did manage to load a different (default archicad) favourites file and REPLACE instead of MERGE. That gets rid of the Accessory Faves. It is not a good solution though as it means that I need to re-do all my other presets.
Barry Kelly
That would work as you have basically replaced the complete set of favourites with another (that didn't contain the accessory favourites).
But like you say you have now lost others that you might have wanted to keep.
We really need better control of the favourites as well as grouping into sub-groups.

But back to you original problem.
I am not sure in this exact case as I am guessing you are using the 4D library as well.
Maybe Ben has a solution.

The curtain wall can also have favourites for panels and frames. These appear in the object settings dialogue (and can't be deleted) but not in the favourites palette.
That is until you edit the curtain wall in 3D and then they appear in the favourites palette and you can delete them.

Maybe the 4D accessories are similar (sorry I don't have them so can't say for sure).
Is there some sort of 'Edit' mode for the accessory so then the favourites will appear in the favourites palette?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks Barry.
Ben is not the only one making use of the accessories goodie.
I recently bought a copy of Eptar tiling add-on which also uses accessories and I imagine there are many others.

Graphisoft also added a 'Polyline Accessory' in v18, so it is not something that they are phasing out hence should offer better support and flexibility.