Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Design Options Newbie needs help

svpribyl
Booster

I have been watching videos and reading the help file, but I haven't found really basic instructions on getting started. Please help me.

For the sake of discussion, I have shown three options for an ADU. The top one has the site information at this point. Version 2 and 3 are shown below them on the page. I realize the version 2 and 3 walls and design would need to coincide with the top site. How do I proceed from here? I am thinking that I create a couple of new Design Option Sets and then assign the walls in the middle design to Option 2 and the walls in the lower design to Option 3. How do I actually go about assigning them? Do I select the elements that I want to be in Option 2 and them click on Option 2?  Is it done in the Design Options palette, and not the Design Options Manager? Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. 

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 11.02.03 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 13.6 Ventura

Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
3 REPLIES 3
svpribyl
Booster

After much consternation and fooling around, I believe I have learned the basics. I wish the instruction provided by Graphisoft were easier to follow, especially for a new feature.

Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27
mthd
Ace

Hi @svpribyl, were you able to watch the quite recent webinar on design options workflow ? 

Here is the link just incase you haven’t seen it yet ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjSGwPuT__Y

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
NAAY = Not An Ace Yet

mthd, I was not aware of it. I will watch it now. 

Thank you

Steve Pribyl
MAC OSX 13.6.3
ArchiCAD 27

Setup info provided by author