BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Preferences, Accuracy and Views

kevin b
Contributor
Is there a way to change the accuracy for all dimensions in a project? We are using AC9 on MacOS 10.3. Both the Help and Manual seem to imply that making changes in the dimensin preference dialog box is for the entire project but it is not. It is associated with the views, such that if I make a change in the dialog box, it only remains set until I change views. It can be fixed by changing the preference, then redefining the view. The problem is that I did not discover this preference was associated with the views until well into a project and now how lots of views all with dimensions not as accurate as I would like. Going forward, I have made corrections to our master template to avoid this problem in the future but to make the fix now is very time consuming. While I guess I like this feature so that you can change the accuracy from plans to details to whatever, it seems like there should be a better system in place for handling changes, should youi need to make lots of them after the views are set up.
Thanks.

PS Sorry if this is redundant, I thought I had posted about this before and never got any responses but I can't seem to find the post at all now so...
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!