Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Text Edit - Multiple

Billy Earnest
Participant
Is there a way to select multiple text strings, & globally "custom/edit" to have measured value plus add the "+/-" suffix. I do a lot of as-built work, & sometimes need to show +/- dims. It is a major pain to have to edit each string/text one at a time. Thanks in advance!
iMac & MacBook Pro
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend
Billy wrote:
Is there a way to select multiple text strings, & globally "custom/edit" to have measured value plus add the "+/-" suffix. I do a lot of as-built work, & sometimes need to show +/- dims. It is a major pain to have to edit each string/text one at a time. Thanks in advance!
Select all the dimensions,
then double click on the text tool (sic!).

A screen will open where you can type in what you need. 🙂
Have a great weekend, Billy!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Billy Earnest
Participant
runxel wrote:
Billy wrote:
Select all the dimensions,
then double click on the text tool (sic!).

A screen will open where you can type in what you need.
Have a great weekend, Billy!
Yes...Thank you so much!
iMac & MacBook Pro
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Same technique applies to editing the fill area text for Fills.

Similarly you can select a variety of elements of simply double click the tool of the type whose settings you want to edit. Makes for easier selecting!

Cheers,
Link.