BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing viewsets on update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully this question hasn't been asked already - we have just upgraded to 12; now when I place a new viewset onto a drawing layout it is fine at first, with the 'zoom' appearing as defined when the viewset was created. However, if i either manually update or the viewset auto-updates, the drawing disappears. I have discoverd that what is actually happening is when the viewset updates the drawing is shifting/reverting back to another position and disregarding the 'zoom' which i had set to begin with. Is this is related to the project origin possibly?? I'm hoping this is just me not having a setting configured properly, because if this is a bug it is a ridiculous thing to have missed!

I have had a play and tried a number of things with no luck so far, so any light shed would be grealty recieved.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Try anchoring your drawing by the center anchor point rather than by 'Use Drawing's internal origin as anchor'.

Also, if practical, set your Frame to 'Fit Frame to Drawing'. This relates directly to the zoom the view is saved at (or not).

Cheers,
Link.
Drawing Settings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic!

The settings were already as you said apart from 'fit frame to drawing'...which I have now ticked and that seems to have solved it!
I knew it would be something silly! 😉

Thank you very much!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No worries.

Just be sure to save (or redefine) your views with the zooming set to None in the future.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!