Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display Options in Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having trouble with taking view sets with specific display options thru to plotmaker. A viewset with hairline display options in AC is appearing as trueweight in PM. Any ideas or are we missing something simple here??
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only option I can see is to change to hairlines in PM Display Options, but that will of course change whole layout, including master, probably not what you want. And this can't be saved with the layout itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx stuart .. yeah tried PM display options and yes does change all PM layouts.
Strange that other options in bottom half of AC Display Options (ie walls to no fills) carry thru to PM.
we're trying to change walls to no fill and hairline weights for clarity on plans for electrical, framing, etc.
I'm sure it carried thru in the old days of PMK import.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pity there's not a "hairline cut fills" option, then you could have wall lines as hairlines and symbols etc as true weight, would suit elec. plans and the like. Just trying to work around the same peoblem myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
fu wrote:
thanx stuart .. yeah tried PM display options and yes does change all PM layouts.
Strange that other options in bottom half of AC Display Options (ie walls to no fills) carry thru to PM.
we're trying to change walls to no fill and hairline weights for clarity on plans for electrical, framing, etc.
I'm sure it carried thru in the old days of PMK import.
You might play with the pen settings for the placed drawing. This method requires some attention to pens used in archicad such that the pens for the elements you want to lighten are unique to those elements. Once you have it set up once it is easy to transfer those pen settings to subsequent drawings using the alt click and control alt click methodology.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx mike .. I'll have a look at that.. seems to be a time consuming work around though. I'm still puzzled as to why all DISPLAY OPTIONS in the bottom half of the dialog window(marked for Display & OUTPUT) are not carried thru to PM with the view set & its display option combination. It appears to work for the other lower display options. ie differing or no fills, reflected ceiling door & windows, etc.
I'm having a similar problem with cut fills. Display Settings of View in AC has cut fills set to Solid w/o Separation Lines; however, this same View displays Vectorial Hatching (w/o Separation Lines) when imported into PM. Frustrating...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
laura

still havn't resolved this problem or found a valid explanation GS???... tending to avoid the problem at present but would like some resolution.

OSX 10.4.2
AC 9 NZE
Brad Elliott
Booster
Have you checked the Drawing Attributes in the Preferences? If Pens & Colors updating isn't checked it won't read them from ArchiCAD. Also make sure that uniform pens and colors is not checked because that will also ignore line weights.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro