BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Do you pick Librarys each time you open a file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solo practitioner here.. Just wonder if you guys have to tell Archicad which library to load every time you open a file. I generally just want to load the same librarys that were loaded last time.... Yet 4 or 5 times a day I'm searching through my file structure telling Archicad to load the librarys associated with whichever file I'm opening.

Am I doing something wrong? Seems like Archicad should just know last time I had these 2 or three librarys loaded and load those by default when I open the file.
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
MaxamAC,

ArchiCad does remember the libraries that are loaded once the file is saved. If you are loading the same file on the same computer then AC file will look for the libraries in the same place where they were originally loaded from.

If you are opening the file on different computers or after someone else has been working on the file on a different computer with a different location of the libraries you will get a window asking you to find those libraries as it is trying to load them from the last saved location and can't find them there.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, if you click on the arrow to the right of the "Add" button in Library Manager you get a list of recent libraries you can add, so you don't have to navigate your way through files and paths.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just to illustrate Stuart's point, see image.
RecentLibraries.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!