BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door Frame wall-end detail

RWARCHPC
Booster
I am trying to clean up the frame of a standard metal door in an existing wall but can't seem to find the right setting. Is it a wall or door setting? Anybody know how take out the line that represents the wall inside the HM jamb?
Robert Wilkanowski
Archicad 27
Mac OS '14 Sonoma
Hardware: M1 Max with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 64GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
I deleted your duplicate post in the library parts section - no need for duplicate post please (the attached image wasn't showing anyway).

I don't know that I have an answer for you.
Back in the old days there used to be a button in the settings that controlled the threshold and end lines - all off, sill on & ends off, sill off and ends on, all on.
This button disappeared some versions ago but the parameter still works if it has been scripted into the objects.
I don't use the default Archicad libraries so I am unfamiliar with how they work.
I can tell you that the parameter is "AC_WallContours" that controls it.

Maybe this can lead someone to suggest the setting in the Graphisoft door objects.
But I am sure it will depend how the objects are scripted as to whether this is available or not.

Also this may turn the end lines off on the wall but if the door frame is scripted with a line there then it won't help - yours looks clear though.

Another option is to turn the end lines of in the wall composite settings.
This will affect all the end lines for the composite so may not be the best option.

Barry.
wall_end_lines.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!