Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door and Complex Profile issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
As attached image I have a complex profile which indicates a concrete filled stainless steel kerb with wall panelling above. In plan I want the door to cut the kerb and the wall, not just the wall as indicated on the attached image.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

I have tried cut only for the wall but of course this removes the kerb lines completely. This is important as the flooring is only to the bottom of the kerb and therefore needs to be measured accordingly so the lines need to be shown. I would add this only happens when the door is symbolic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
UPDATE

Comment from Support say this cannot be done at present...only in projected view for the door are the lines of a kerb cut. A slight oversight I think seeing as most designers want to simply show the door swing in symbolic view.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
What is the problem? You want the door frame to be flush with the wall? Just set a reveal value corresponding to the thickness of your kerb.

If you set the opening reference line in complex profile to match to the outside of kerb too, the 3d result should be the same.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5