BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door and window builder - urgent problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

Not sure if anybody has come across this before, or whether it is just on the workstations in our office.

Problem -

Once a window has been created in DWbuilder and inserted into the model, and then it is selected with a view to amending, the DWbuilder dialogue is not accessible. Therefore the only way to change the window is to recreate, which is very annoying when dealing with a lot of different windows.

Hope this is clear, and if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
10 REPLIES 10
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Assuming you do have DWB loaded on each machine -- is this a TeamWork or solo file?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laura

It is a solo project at present, although I am hoping to use teamwork in 10 at some point!

Any thoughts??

Tom
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Well, I know of some people having problems with TW files, which is why I asked. If you don't get any answers here, I suggest contacting CadImage
(although I believe they are on vacation at the moment). The only other thing I can suggest is doing a reinstall on those stations having the problem
-- sorry I can't be of any more help.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks

I have logged a problem with Cadimage, but like you say, they are on holiday and the timezone diff!!

I tried reinstalling it on a couple of workstations but to no success, all Archicads are upto date, so I am stuck at the moment. I am building the windows in DWB from archicad 9, which even that does not work properly, but it will have to do.

Cheers for now

Tom
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had some issues with the labels in the section/ elev window that rectified themselves with the latest ArchiCAD patch - try that on all machines.

Also, if you open a file with Doors/windows successfully created on another PC, and you get the blank dialogues, you may want to check that the DW library is actually being loaded when you open the file.

The final possiblity is the worst - with 10 they have changed the lisencing technology so that the lisence locks on to the dongle(!). It works - and keeps you honest, by only allowing one functional install of a particular tool. I know they implemented it on some tools, but was not aware it was part of DW Builder - yet!
__archiben
Booster
jammy wrote:
I tried reinstalling it on a couple of workstations but to no success, all Archicads are upto date, so I am stuck at the moment.
are the DWB's registered on each computer? if they ain't registered, the UI dialogues are typically not available . . .

Cadimage>Activate Cadimage Tools...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks

How to I check if they are registered??? Our ArchiCAD IT chap is away for a while.

Thanks

Tom
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have looked at the cadimage website, and now I need to find out who sold it to us!!

Tom
__archiben
Booster
jammy wrote:
How to I check if they are registered??? Our ArchiCAD IT chap is away for a while.
jammy

i sold you a dummy earlier - it's not accessed from the cadimage menu, it's in the file menu:

File>Activate Cadimage Tools...

you'll need the product registration number of course . . . i hope your IT chap shares his info.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!