BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door label location

Anonymous
Not applicable
See the attached image. EVERY time I label my door, I have to move the label to where I want it. Why is this? It's seems completely random. Seems very archaic.

3.gif
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends on the door tag you use. The ones I make for my clients typically align to the opening or the swing of the door (per their requirements - with individual modifications available if needed) so I know it's possible to be quite precise in the default settings. I can't speak to the current capabilities of the standard tags since it's been a long time since I've used any of them.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It can also depend on your default door marker settings.

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Folks:

To clarify:
Linz is talking about LABELS.
Matthew & Link are talking about MARKERS.
David does not know how to alter the default LABEL settings for pointer line length.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the default Label that displays Text or ID is this dumb. That's what it is capable of.
One would have to write a Label object in GDL to make it smarter.
It could draw its own leader to where one wants it relative to the local origin of the Door.
But that would involve GDL scripting and would have to take into consideration the orientation of the Wall and the exact placement of the Door.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Folks:

To clarify:
Linz is talking about LABELS.
Matthew & Link are talking about MARKERS.
David does not know how to alter the default LABEL settings for pointer line length.

David
Of course. I responded a bit quickly assuming the question was about a door marker. I'm still not sure there is any reason to use the label tool with doors. Rotation is hard enough to account for in the marker. I don''t know if it's even possible with the label.

AFAIK (as Laszlo says) there is no way to customize the default label arrows short of turning them off and scripting the replacement in GDL.
I use labels together with door markers quite often.

The reason is that sometimes I want to show both the size and the number on the plan. Also, I use a label to indicate which window is above or below when you have one window located above another.

Shot at 2011-03-08

You can set up Favorites for your door labels that will make this user friendly.

Not shown above is how the label comes in handy for indicating which window is above or below when you have them in the same spot. I could post a picture of that if someone wants to see that.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
I use labels together with door markers quite often.
Now that you mention it I remember I have used door and window labels in elevations.
Learn and get certified!