BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door schedule dont show labels?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iam trying to do a automatic door schedule, but it wont show my labels.
It shows id, sizes etc but in the label colum, its all empty.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave555 wrote:
Iam trying to do a automatic door schedule, but it wont show my labels.
It shows id, sizes etc but in the label colum, its all empty.
The door schedule can be tricky, some of the parameters you can add are in the Parameter box last row in "Parameters for Listing", open this and you can add the location, materials, note/remarks (I add the FINISH). To get this to appear in your schedule, you need to open the Scheme Settings dialog in the Schedule itself; then at the lower left side on the bottom push the down arrow to add parameters, select add object parameters, select AC116 library, select object library 16, select openings 16, select doors and frames, select any door, scroll down till you find "location", and or "material", or anything, then push the "add" button under the window and say ok. Your schedule will reflect what you added, then you can edit the schedule as to left/right/center justification of text, box sizes, text font, 3d pictures.

The schedule takes some time to learn, but it will show what you choose...as far as "automatic"...dream on.

Each door has to be set up in order to show on the schedule, the parameters have to be selected etc and the door numbered correctly. I have a project that has 100 windows and my door schedule took some time to create, and Eric Bobrow's tip on renumbering doors/windows really helped me when we downscaled the building, then later, went back to the original.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem is that my door lable that shows on the plan, wont show up in the schedule. The lable in the plan shows id, width and oritation. E.g D18L. I would like to have the same text in the schedule and even better if it could calculate the amount based on that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave555 wrote:
My problem is that my door lable that shows on the plan, wont show up in the schedule. The lable in the plan shows id, width and oritation. E.g D18L. I would like to have the same text in the schedule and even better if it could calculate the amount based on that.
My suggestion is that you go to page 771 in the Reference Guide and read every bit of the "Interactive Schedule" portion thoroughly. The Reference Guide can be found by going up to the Help menu ("pull down", scroll down to ArchiCAD Reference Guide, then going to the "Interactive Schedules" portion.

The Schedules are tricky a bit to set up, but when you finally understand how to get what you want to show, they are a snap.

Part of what sometimes gives me pause is that sometimes, windows on unused layers show up, they have to be given an "x", then excluded from the schedule. Each window can be numbered, or given a type "A, B, or C, etc." type label. The same for doors, plumbing, cabinets.

The schedule, to set up has many choices, which include the font, justification (left, right, center), 3d view (fit in box) I resize the 3d box to 1" H, the rest of the text boxes are 1/2" and text is wrapped, font size 8, etc.
After you set up the size of the columns, height of the rows, etc (button in upper right of schedule...looks like {...}, push it and you can size the schedule itself.

As far as what shows:

The door schedule can be tricky, some of the parameters you can add are in the Parameter box last row in "Parameters for Listing", open this and you can add the location, materials, note/remarks (I add the FINISH). To get this to appear in your schedule, you need to open the Scheme Settings dialog in the Schedule itself; then at the lower left side on the bottom push the down arrow to add parameters, select add object parameters, select AC116 library, select object library 16, select openings 16, select doors and frames, select any door, scroll down till you find "location", and or "material", or anything, then push the "add" button under the window and say ok. Your schedule will reflect what you added, then you can edit the schedule as to left/right/center justification of text, box sizes, text font, 3d pictures.

The schedule takes some time to learn, but it will show what you choose...as far as "automatic"...dream on.

Each door has to be set up in order to show on the schedule, the parameters have to be selected etc and the door numbered correctly. I have a project that has 100 windows and my door schedule took some time to create, and Eric Bobrow's tip on renumbering doors/windows really helped me when we downscaled the building, then later, went back to the original.
Learn and get certified!