Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors and Windows List for Modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I hope this is the right place to post this for help.

I have a large project that requires using modules. eg, module type 1 is placed into project file 50 time and module type 2 is also placed into the project file 50 time. 100 units in total.

I would like the 50 of each type to retain its link to the original modules. The trouble here is with the doors and windows list. When a module is placed into project file, the items of the module can NOT be altered in any way. Therefore the 50 windows and 50 doors will be identicle including its ID. I need to be able to change the doors and windows ID of each of the modules so that each one of the 50 doors and windows could have its unique ID. This is not possible as the modules are not flexible to alter.

Are there any ways around this?

Thanks in Advance.
Regards
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The way I do this is to draw the zones in the main file, not the module file, the doors will pick up the ID of the zone into which they open even though it is not in the module
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
The way I do this is to draw the zones in the main file, not the module file, the doors will pick up the ID of the zone into which they open even though it is not in the module
Great tip! And it has possibilities beyond just doors. I think this one deserves a t-shirt.