BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors not Showing in plan view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Im very new to ArchiCAD and having some issues with the display of doors in my plan view.

In 3D they are all visible where I placed them however I have just noticed they are not showing up in plan. There is a just a solid wall where they should be.

My floor section cut is set to 1150, im not sure what else to check to make them visible again.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Check the Model View Options.
If that is not it then look at Renovation Filters.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help,

after a couple of hours of pain i have figured out my solution.

I had changed the settings of my walls under "Floor Plan Display" and made them outline only, I switched this over to 'symbolic cut' and I have doors again!

Thanks again,
Ben
Barry Kelly
Beno_52 wrote:
I had changed the settings of my walls under "Floor Plan Display" and made them outline only, I switched this over to 'symbolic cut' and I have doors again!
That would have been my third guess.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi!

im using archicad 21, and having the same problem, although i tried all 3 options you guys mentioned, none of them worked for me. any ideas what else i could do?

thanks in advance

E
Anonymous
Not applicable
update: its not working with the windows either, but they both show up on my 3D
Barry Kelly
EszterS wrote:
im using archicad 21, and having the same problem, although i tried all 3 options you guys mentioned, none of them worked for me. any ideas what else i could do?
Make sure that both the plan and elevation views really are using the same MVO combination and renovation filters.
If you are sure that they are OK then check that the walls have a "Symbolic" floor plan display as well as the actual doors and windows.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
"This element is inactive in this view" ..that was the message shown on clicking a half visible door in plan. Then figured out I had messed the display order and the beams below my slab were showing front mot, thus disabling my doors a proper display.

Oh man that happened to me too and stressed me out a lot but you helped me and saved me a lot of time. THANK you so much!

Learn and get certified!