Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Double door on curtain wall with deleting one mullion !!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone i want to delete one mullion frame and that will result in joining two panels so here i will put double door.
How i can make this happen
setting it into invisible will not solving my problem that i have two panels
taking also into consideration what if i have in future irregular division of frames

thanks

Capture1111.JPG
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Edit the polygon of the Curtain Wall on the Floor Plan so it is made up of segments the way you want it.
I suspect you have drawn an arc on the Floor Plan and the curtain wall tool segmented it so now you have 6 segments. These behave like 6 individual curtain wall planes that and handled as a unit. The problem is that those two segments are not in the same plane. You will have to make them be in the same plane in order to be able to put that double door in there.
So segment it to the exact way you want.
Use the Chained method of the Curtain Wall using the existing Curtain Wall for the points of the nodes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya,

As you may realise this is quite difficult to achieve. I have recently come across this problem with curved curtain wall and altering mullion positions. Seems to always create a copy of a mulllion when you try to drag a mullion within a curve.
Try this method....
Assume you probably going for a 900 leaf double door or similar. Create your curve for you curtain wall. Apply your curtain wall settings to the curve (as you have shown). Set your panels widths to 950 to coincide with a door leaf + frame. Now set the curtain wall pattern position to the align to center (4th option). Your center panel shud now be in the mid point of your arc curtain wall.

Now edit the curtain wall in 3D. In the little curtain wall popup window turn of the viewing of the Frame and Panels. Turn on the viewing of the system. You should now green vertical lines (grid centers). Now on the curtain wall toolbox select system. now go to the left edge of the centre panel. hold down ur left mouse button on green edge. You will notice a floating tool panel appear next to ur mouse curser. Select the first button (a vertical line 'move grid line'). now select edge, move your mouse, to the left which moves the mullion position within the arc. Move the edge to centre of the left hand panel from the centre. Similar, Now drag right green edge of centre panel to the centre of the right hand panel.

Now apply the double door to the enlarge centre panel. Your double door should be set to ur correct width.

I hope this helps.

Keith
Anonymous
Not applicable
i used chain method but i make it space in curtain wall setting so it becomes 6 segments. i took plan shot to clearify that i can not delete the mullion in the middle and make instead of it double door.
Capture12345.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
to hillsee as i understand your point of view but this did not lead me to the solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What I am saying is that you create it using the chained method but make it only 5 segments. The total length of the double door should be one segment (so it will be about double the length of the other segments).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ahmed_hassan wrote:
to hillsee as i understand your point of view but this did not lead me to the solution
When you are in the 3D Window as per your screen shot, you should be able to select just one of the vertical Scheme lines then delete it, combining the two adjacent panels into one for the double door, but the panels above will also be combined.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David thanks for reply , but i am not able to choose one of them , when i select it select them all. which will not enable me to delete any mullion.
Erika Epstein
Booster
The round/arced curtain walls as you show will not allow you to delete a vertical frame that is on the scheme settings.

Along the lines of Laszlo's advice, in your situation you could redefine the panel widths in the scheme settings as shown placing the door in the sequence of panels per the screen shot.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ahmed_hassan wrote:
David thanks for reply , but i am not able to choose one of them , when i select it select them all. which will not enable me to delete any mullion.
Not sure why, it works here. In 3D Window select Curtain Wall, click on edit button, turn on Scheme, turn off Frame and Panel, move cursor over vertical scheme line to be removed, click on it, hit Delete button.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14