Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Downloading rfas to create gdl objects

walkinthepark
Participant

This is my first visit so be patient. I am attempting to download a revit family of chairs into Archicad 22 and save them as gdl objects. When I look in the folder RECENT FILES I can see the file I downloaded from the vendor's website "Chair-Hussey-Quattro-Revit_2020_1". But when I am in Archicad and go to Files, Libraries and objects, Import RFA as GDL Object, Downloads, the file is NOT in that Downloads folder. It will not allow me to go to RECENT FILES to find it. Is it because it is a Zip file or is there a step I skipped when I downloaded it from the vendor? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Dave Seabury
Advocate

unzip it and it should work.

David

AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB

Hello walkinthepark,

Do you try Archicad library chairs ? Or these : https://bimcomponents.com/Search/chairs#

Importing a model from outside and transform into a gsm object is not an optimized process because Archicad will translate a modelisation into different scripts (heavier than native object).

I invite you to consider the principle of library objects for European BIM design software (Allplan, VectorWorks, Archicad) : very light and extremely parametric objects, much more than an RFA file. A gsm or a lcf file are even more than modelisations. Your workflow will be better with native Archicad object.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin