BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Draw lines in "degree, min, second"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I've been using archicad for quite a while, 2 years, it's a shamed that I've confronted some unusual tool in Archicad (the tool that I've never been using before), this is to draw line in "degree, min, second", How would I do that??

Ac11, PC, win xp2000.

a little help would be appreciated,

Star
4 REPLIES 4
Erich
Contributor
It seems that all you need to do is set your unit preferences to degrees minutes seconds and then draw the line, walls, whatever, entering your required data into the pet pallet.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,

thank you for your fast response, yes, i've changed the unit to degree, min, second, just have no idea how to enter the data into the pet pallet, I have an angle of 170, 13' 77.2" line to draw on the site plan, I know how to enter the degree, but, I have difficulty entering mins & second.

what I've done is start with any point and click "R" for distance (100m in this case) then click "A" for angle, what data shall I enter to achieve 170, 13' 77.2"?? becasue, I can't enter the symbols for degree, mins and second to the data pallet.

please Help Erich,
or any one who's super expert.
much thanks

Regards Star
Erich
Contributor
I'm definitely no expert, just learning myself...

Testing it here, just start your line, hit tab to get into the pet pallet. Enter your distance. Tab again then enter your degrees. enter a space then your minutes followed by a space, and then your seconds then hit return.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich
I think I've got it, so much thanks.

Hope you have a nice day.

cheers.

Star