Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Duplicative referenced layouts - Possible?

kittonian
Beginner
This may sound a bit strange but I’m wondering if it is possible to create a layout and then another layout that is an exact duplicate of the first, including any additions of views, modifications, etc.

The case for this is when we need to send plan sets out to different specialties and do not want to send the entire plan set (our plan set are quite large and the foundation contractor doesn’t need all the door/window, roofing, etc. information).

What we have been doing is manually exporting out different sub-plan sets for each of specialty but then we have to redo the title page sheet index, figure out exactly what layouts need to be included, etc.

It would be great to be able to setup all sheets that belong to each specialty, put them in a folder and at the end of a project, PDF export each folder’s layouts for each specialty.

My first thought was an XRef but that won’t work. It would need to be some sort of “reference layout” option I imagine, unless I’m thinking about it the wrong way.

To be absolutely clear, here is a step-by-step of what I want to accomplish:

1. Create a layout1 with nothing on it
2. Create a reference layout (layout2)
3. Whatever I modify add or subtract on layout1 will automatically update/change layout2 without me manually doing anything

This way I can create a layout folder for each specialty and everything will be perfectly in line with the master plan set.

Interested to hear thoughts. Thanks!
ArchiCAD 25 | Cinema 4D R23
12-Core Mac Pro (2 x 3.46 6-Core Xeon, 64GB DDR3)
OS X 11.2.3
AMD Sapphire Pulse Radeon 5700 XT (8gb)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
I am not sure if I am following 100% of what you are trying to do.

I would just create my layouts as normal - no duplicate pages.
Then create multiple Publisher sets.
Each publisher set can contain different layout pages, can publish PDF, DWG or what ever format you want and they can be published separately.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11