Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Edit Composite Profile

Eric Milberger
Advocate

I've done this before to edit the exterior skins on a wall to be lower than the entire profile

It worked a few times correctly

I select the item

Right click

Edit/Select Composite Profile

and it came up with the Profile Editor.

NOW on any wall I select it comes up with the Composites dialog

Now every time I select a wall I get the wrong dialog.

Or is there some thing I am missing

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
5 REPLIES 5

You can change heights of finishes in custom profiles but you cannot change height of finishes from the composites.

It was my total forgetting.

IT was simple.  I needed to select the wall, change to a compound profile then it would let me edit where I change the height and increased the lower depth of the skins on the wall.

So much to learn so I forget something every now and again.  Thanks for the reply back.

And now you want to look into adding 'Modifiers" to your complex profiles - more to learn.

Then you can adjust the heights and widths of the components of the complex profile on a wall by wall basis in section/3D rather than having to edit and re-save a new profile for each variation in skin height.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Actually am already doing that as it is so easy in this program.  I just forgot a step along the way.  I don't use this every day and when learning that can impeed you a bit. 

Just use wall coverings for all my sheetrock baseboard and sheathing and framing all in one much easier for me to get the desired outcome I want